• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Multi layered MOGRT

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I've been trying to create a MOGRT that contains within itself around 10 different audios with a -15 dB gain, so I can have them there as a frequently used tool and not having to import them and doing the whole process over and over. (Let's say 10 wooshes contained within one single MOGRT that I'll have available easily)

I tried and tried and can't find a way to do it and TBH I'm quite new in the "Expressions" world, If you could help me, it'll mean the world!

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 6.09.45 PM.png

this is the main comp: Audios

A precomposition has been created (files) containing 10 audios, and Slider Control effect has been added with this expression:

Math.floor(clamp(value, min=1, max=10));     

on the motion graphics panel the Range has been edited to match the 10 layers contained.

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 6.19.02 PM.png

Within the "files" precomp, there're 10 audio layers, and on the first one is this expression in Audio Levels:

if(comp("audios").layer("files").effect("Slider Control")("Slider")==1)-10; else -100

the -10; else-100        is because I need the audios to be -10dB when selected and -100 to be complete silence. 

-- I always end up with this error and have no idea of what to do...

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 6.21.34 PM.png

Thanks in advance for any comment or help provided, this topic doesn't have any answer elsewhere as far as I could search...

It seems no one have even tried this hehehehehehe

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

you get this error because the audio levels is a parameter that needs 2 values (one for the left channel and one for the right channel).

It's not clear, because the parameter only shows one gain value, which it will apply automatically on both channels.

To fix your expression you just need to change your value -10, into a table of 2 values [-10,-10].  So it should work like this:

if(comp("audios").layer("files").effect("Slider Control")("Slider")==1)[-10,-10]; else [-100,-100]

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW it fixed that, thank you so much! Now the problem is that when I apply that expression (modified for every sound effect layer) and export the MOGRT to premiere, I can only hear one of the audios I've added, I mean I can only listen to one out of the 10 audios, the audio I had the Slide Control on in the After effects session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything  stopping you from just exporting an audio file to be used in conjunction with the MOGRT? 

The inconvenience of having to deal with two files of identical length, perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, do you have any ideas on it?Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 9.28.05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever get a solution to this question? I've been having a similar issue recently. The only way to effect audio via expressions is through the Audio Levels control so I've used if/else expressions which drop the volume to -192db when in an "off" state. These work within AE but when I bring into Premiere it doesn't function - ie. all the audio layers play simultaneously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've seen a lot of tutorials where people created a mogurt in After Effects and than loaded it in Premiere.

So AE mogurts can be loaded in Premiere but when I try it it's not showing up, when I try it again it says the file will be overwritten, even though there is no file.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines