• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio skipping

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio skipping while trying to preview does anyone know a fix ? 

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Sorry for late reply but I found a fix not sure what fixed it, restarted after effects after messing with settings and I didnt hear it happening also listening through preview panel helped with the random lag that sometimes happens 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more info.  

What type of source file contains the audio?  Ideally you should use lossless audio files in AE, like WAV or AIFF.

Do you have a solid green line denoting your preview in the timeline?  Does the vision play smoothly?

What resolution and frame rate are used for your composition?

What type of hardware is outputting audio from your system, the internal audio or an external I/O device?  Have you checked AE's Settings to confirm you're using the correct audio device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the audio was a mov file till I converted it to wav

Yes I see a green line 

What do you mean by vision ?

The resolution is 1440 x 1080 and the frame rate is 15 fps  

I went through the  settings after reading your comment and yes i'm using the right audio device. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the video and comp frame match?

Does audio only preview work fine?

Are you applying any effects to the video that might cause it to lag when previewing?  The greenline only applies to visual processing, I think AE processes audio on the fly so sometimes audio preview can be problematic.  Do you skip frames in the preview option - that generally helps me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for late reply but I found a fix not sure what fixed it, restarted after effects after messing with settings and I didnt hear it happening also listening through preview panel helped with the random lag that sometimes happens 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines