Exit

Audio Spectrum Problems

New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening everyone,

Ive been having a problem with audio spectrum like this video Bug - YouTube

This is not my video but i have the same problem, I've been rendering in AE 2017 I've tried many tutorials but none of them have worked so far, Id like some help please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What bug? I see no bug. Those random spikes could be perfectly part of the actual audio. Even if they aren't audible, e.g. encoding errors in MP3 files can easily cause odd behaviors in soem frequency bands. The rest of your post is pretty useless. You have not provided any piece of exact info like actual effect settings, audio files used, render settings, system info and so on. just saying that it doesn't work as you expect it and then calling it a bug is just nothing anyone can make any sense of.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, answering your questions..

I`ve been using WAV format that is better than the quality of MP3 files.

those are my spectrum settings

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 15.05.03.png

Those are the rendering settings

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 15.14.18.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 15.14.32.png

They were supposed to be like this

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 15.18.11.png

But they are like this

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 15.17.52.png

As you can see there are some spectrums that move with the sound but not audible, yeah there is a problem for sure.

If you need something more to help me out, id appreciate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to eliminate this as a potential issue, try rendering to a better output. QuickTime with the H.264 codec is known to have some very odd bugs in it. Either send your composition to the Adobe Media Encoder to render directly to an H.264 MP4 or render to a production codec out of AE (that is, Cineform, DNxHD, QuickTime with the Photo-JPEG codec, etc.)

Also, do you see the issue in previews or only in final render?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Will Maruiti,

Are you still facing this issue? How did you solve it? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever experienced problems with the audio spectrum where like After Effects can’t read the files when it’s playing that well and the Audio Spectrum waves start moving where they shouldn’t be and then it goes back to normal every once in awhile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do! It does only in the first 15 second maximun then it react normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white waveform never did that until I imported an MP4 file from Video Copilot of color shockwaves and it started doing white flickering stuff around the audio spectrum and it’s like After Effects can’t read the file good I think

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue but still no solution for it! Please if anyone solved something like that let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines