• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automation Blocks - Run Script...

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tracking software I use (Syntheyes) exports out .jsx files and creates scenes inside AE. It's great! With Automation Blocks, I'd love to run the script and do a bunch of repetitive tasks after it's imported and clean up the scene.

Is there a way to launch a specific .jsx script from an animation block?

RunScriptOptions.png

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Drag, Ok. I do have a workaround for now. I'll very much be looking forward to the next version.

TrackImportWorkaround.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,
it is on my feature request list for future versions but not available, yet. The only thing you could do right now is to save a jsx in Ae's scripts folder, such that it shows up in the Ae menu File->Scripts (same as we do for keyboard shortcuts). Then you can use the block Execute Menu Command to execute that script.
Workflow could be
- always keep a script with name say "tempscript.jsx" in your scripts directory (it needs to be there already when you launch Ae such that it shows up in the Ae menu).
- when you need to execute a script overwrite the file tempscript.jsx by that script and execute the menu command "tempscript.jsx".

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll look into this for sure. I'll get thru this one too.

ScriptFromScript.png

It's always something. <smirk>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And in researching this online I came across this from 2 years ago when having an issue with kBar

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/kbar-can-t-quot-run-script-file-quot/td-p/1...

Sooooo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get this when running the menu command from AB? Then I guess at the moment there is no workaround, unfortunately...

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag, Ok. I do have a workaround for now. I'll very much be looking forward to the next version.

TrackImportWorkaround.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's clever!

I see that it is not ideal, but probably the best thing you can do for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just wanted to check in on this to see if you've been able to address this in the past year and a half? I did end up with the workaround, but didn't end up working with it since it ended up being unwieldy when in the middle of production.

FindLaunchSpecificJSX.png

The script would be so great if "could" work.

WhichTrack.png

Ended up with a "Run Script..." Kbar button that I would just path to thru a file dialog.

RunScriptKBAR.png

Is there any way to have this little bit of script wrap around to make the jsx work?

If you have any new thoughts on this, they'd be greatly appreciated.

Mike

(still not a programmer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working on a feature to execute arbitrary jsx code from within Automation Blocks. It will be included in the next update. It is coming for both Ae and Pr. Here is a screenshot for Automation Blocks for Pr showing what it will be looking like (for Ae it will look similar, but instead of "Sequence" you will have var types like "Comp" or "Layer"):Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 10.07.24.png

Note that in the "execute code" parameter, which in the screenshot just contains a text block, you can plug any other blocks, too. Hence, you could also read the jsx from a file, store it in a variable and then pass this variable content to the "execute code".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So much looking forward to this. Thanks for the update!

(any idea on when you'll be putting this out there?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current estimate would be in a few weeks, depending on whether there are more issues showing up during testing. If you want to participate in the tests, you can also send me an email to info@mamoworld.com 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I just published Automation Blocks 1.1.000 which also includes the Execute Code block.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines