Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Basic particle & "airflow" animations

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

I wasn't able to find my answer specifically, so I thought I'd post my question.

I'm looking to do some basic particle & "wavy line" animation - dust going into a filter and "clean air" coming out. Very basic movement. 2D. Nothing complicated. Looking into it, Trapcode Particluar seems to be a lot more than I need, and the tutorials I have found using native AE plugs & effects seem to be general "floating" or "fireworks-like" explosions, where I want something more like fluid movement along a designated path.

Any suggestions on the best place to start would be appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Expressions , How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello maybe you can use Particle World effects and perosonalize the parameters.
Its very useful.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flowing particles along a path isn't super easy in Ae - with default plugins at least - but there is a default effect that can do it - the 'Foam' plugin. It's a pretty complex effect, but the key element for this requirement is that it supports a 'flow map' - a grayscale image that can direct the flow of the generated foam. You can also customise the foam however you wish by creating a custom sprite.

And a few further options:

Try the old 'particle playground' effect using the 'wall' option - this requires you to draw a closed shape mask - ie the area of particle flow.

Another approach would just be to create a simple straight directional particle flow using particle world - precomp that and then use mesh warp or liquify or something else to distort the flow path into the shape you require.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Mike - simply fake the hell out of it using moving fractal noises and distortion effects. Even Foam and Particle Playground may already be way too complicated, as it takes lots of experience to massage the parameter maps. If you still feel like spending money, then Trapcode Form might be more appropriate than Particular, BTW.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines