• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Frame when Time Remapping to Loop a Composition

Participant ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm following the basic processing to looping a precomp, and getting a black frame at the end before looping.

Here is the process:

- Trim comp to work area (comp I will loop)

- Place in new comp

- Enable Time Remapping

- Go to last keyframe, step back one frame, make new keyframe

- Double-click last keyframe, enter 0 for time

- Add LoopOut expression to Time Remap

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Maybe this will help:

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure that you have trimmed your precomp to the duration of your layer, if not - delete TR and do the same process again.

if this doesn't work show us some screenshots maybe video capture.

when the black frame is preset, what frame/time are you on in the expression enabled time remapping?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You almost have the correct procedure.

1. Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + t to enable time remapping - easier because it extends the layer to the length of the comp automatically
  2. k to move to last keyframe - the frame should be empty because you are past the last frame of the comp
  3. Ctrl/Cmnd + left arrow to move back one frame - you should now see a frame
  4. Click the diamond icon the timeline to set a new keyframe at the start of the last frame of the layer
  5. k to move to the last frame, which still should be black
  6. Click the diamond icon again to delete the last keyframe
  7. Alt/Option + click the Time Remapping icon to add the expression loopOut()
  8. Click anywhere to exit expression editing

That should be all there is to it. 2 keyframes and every frame of your nested comp will loop. No need for 3 keyframes. If the first frame and the last frame are identical you now have a perfect loop. Some folks like to call this a seamless loop.

If the first frame and the last frame of your nested composition are not identical then you have a repeating pattern. If you want a perfectly repeating pattern then you do need a third keyframe but you should copy and paste the first keyframe rather than manually entering a value. There are a bunch of things that can give the first frame of a layer a value that is not zero. Copy and paste is the only reliable method to get the right value every time. Some folks like to call a repeating pattern a looping pattern or looping sequence. Calling it a loop is a little inaccurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply. When I do it your way, in the last frame all my layers of the precomp I'm attempting to loop display for one frame.

I appreciate your help, but what would be most helpful is explaining what I'm doing wrong or where my error is.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your workflow seems fine. you should not get this black frame. it's hard to tell without examining your project. can you show it to us or upload it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this will help:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me, thank you Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines