Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bob Ross intro recreation

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have to recreate the Bob Ross Joy of Painting intro in my school project, and I have no idea how to tackle this problem.

How could I recreate the chroma key masking effect in the intro? I mean how the painting gets revealed under the titanium hwite canvas.

I get that it's been shot as a green screen and chroma keying has been applied to it. But after that it's a mystery.

If someone wiser could let me in on these secrets, I would greatly appreciate it.

Bob Ross - Valley View (Season 21 Episode 1) - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Much easier/sompler solution is using the paint tool & then apply it as animated track matte

After Effects - Creating a Paint Reveal Effect - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mask directly onto the video that is to appear sequentially, from each brush stroke. Use a separate mask for each stroke. During the shooting, place guides for the talent to stroke over - this is to ensure all parts within the 'appearance area' is covered.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much easier/sompler solution is using the paint tool & then apply it as animated track matte

After Effects - Creating a Paint Reveal Effect - YouTube

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm doubtful you'll be able to animate the size of the brush as it's animated. IOW, you'll end up with a stroke which is fixed in width - this may not look sufficiently organic for this effect. Agreed that the Paint tool is more efficient but it's not going to look as effective as a mask.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines