• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit
0

Bodymovin- Arabic text reversed when exported

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble exporting a .json file with Arabic text in it. In AE, it looks correct in preview but when I export it via Bodymovin, the text gets reversed. 
I've tried:
-Reset Paragraph

-Pre-comping it
-a different font
-an older AE version
-using Point Text instead of Paragraph Text
and these are pretty much everything I could think of. I'd appreciate it a lot if someone could help me solve this since this is a professional work that I have to deliver soon. 
Note: I can't convert it to shape layer bc it's gonna be a template so the text must stay in text format.
(I'm attaching an example text- as AE preview and the html export)

After Effects Version 24.0.1
Bodymovin Version 5.9.0


TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to , Import and export

Views

155

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you activated the RTL icon in the paragraph panel?

screenshot.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yess yes I have for sure. I believe this is a Bodymovin problem rather than an AE problem. 
So I literally contacted the creator of Bodymovin and he said that they couldn't really solve the problem with Arabic. 
And we also found out that only the .html export is flawed. We tested the lottie files on the platform itself and they work! They look exactly like in AE. The .html export had messed with our heads in the process. So my solution was to disregard the html export and test the lottie files on the platform directly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines