• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

broken illustrator layers when importing

Contributor ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, when i import AI layers into my composition, the layers are often chopped at the edges. This was initially caused by the layers overlapping the artboard borders, but even when i changed this, the problem persisted. I had this issue before, and restarting AI and AE seemed to work, this time it didn't, any help much appreciated

Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 20.16.25.png

 

Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 20.16.07.png

 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm not completly sure to understand what you mean by "cutted". But doesn't this problem coming from the fact that the sizes of both software are not the same ? (The workplan of your illustrator is rectangular, and the one of the AE workplan is squarred if I see well !).
It is easier if they are stricktly similar (and don't forget to import with the "comoosition - keep layer sizes" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you re-import the Illustrator file after you made the artboard adjustments?   If you didn't, After Effects will remember the position and artboard size of the first import, even if the AI layers have changed since.

So, revise your AI document so ALL layers are inside the bounds of your artboard.  The red hands in your screenshot are not, for example.  Then import the document into AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the way, you can have content in Illustrator that runs off the edge of the main artboard.

You would simply need to have two artboards in AI. The inner artboard is your video size (AE Comp) while the outer artboard defines your max area. It's how all the video default presets in AI are created.

When you import into AE, you would import as a composition–retain layer sizes. Anything running off the main artboard will be intact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines