• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use Maxon Cosmo II to remove skin shine hotspots effectively?

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAXON Cosmo II is working well for skin smoothing, but I still have shiny hotspots from light reflections. I know that Digital Anarchy Beauty Box has a shine remover, but is there a quick way to do this in Cosmo II?

If not, are there any other recommendations for a quick fix?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working with 8-bit footage, there is not much you can do except for setting the Project settings to 16 or 32-bit and carefully selecting the shiny values in Lumetry and trying and bring them down. Log or 10-bit or better original footage will give you a few more options. 

If you share a screenshot of one of the frames that has a problem and I get some free time later today I'll take a look. The most efficient solution to any color-correcting problem depends entirely on the shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Rick said, there's all manner of methods to deal with these issues from additional color corrections to more elaborate techniques that a "dumb" canned plug-in like Cosmo cannot cover, but without seeing your footage nobody can advise on what to do specifically. You have to provide reference frames/ screenshots

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was working with 4k Pro Res HQ.

It turns out that there isn't an 'easy' way to remove spotlight skin shine using the Cosmo II plug in.

Instead I created a tracking mask with Lumetri Color, HSL secondary and curves to even out the tones.

I laid Cosmo II over the top of this to even out the skin tones across the entire face.

I would have preferred to use a shine remover like the one in Digital Anarchy's Beauty Box, but last time I used this was several years ago and it may not be as effective as I had remembered.

I have submitted it as a feature request in Cosmo II.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines