• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Find Pen Tool

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked online and it seems nobody is having a similar issue. I have my toolbar open and the mask feather tool is where the pen tool should be. even the Pen tools supposed (G) shortcut only brings up the mask feather tool. Am I missing something here? As far as I can tell the feather tool is not the same thing as the pen tool. Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

lol just had to close and re open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol just had to close and re open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

each time you press a tool shortcut it cycles through the available options. For the pen tool and a mask, there are two tool options and three more options available with the Ctrl/Cmnd or Alt/Option key. Ctrl/Cmnd brings up the small black arrow selection tool that you can use to grab a line segment or if hovering over a point, the delete point tool when the pen is selected. The Alt/Option key brings up the convert vertex tool. With the feather tool selected the options change to delete feather point or select path or vertex so you can still actually edit a path with the feather tool selected by holding down Ctrl/Cmnd. Alt/Option still brings up the convert vertex tool.

It's a good idea to get a good handle on all of the modifiers for all tools that can be modified by the Alt/Option and Ctrl/Cmnd keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines