Can't import Photoshop layers into After Effects 2022

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import a "psd" file with layers into Ae 2022. But it keeps giving me a "Bad Tracked Memory ID 23::33" error. 

And for what it seems, this error has been happening to many users since Jan 2022.

Say, Adobe. What gives? Are you going to fix this?

Or is time for me to lookup an Ae alternative?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022
Never mind. Someone in another thread found a workaround.gabriel45199551: "You have to import a PNG file, and cancel that, so import your PSD file again and will work."

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Reynaldo Leon,

Sorry for your issue. Please share the following details so that we can troubleshoot the issue properly.

• What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)?
  • What's the exact version of After Effects and Photoshop you're using?
  • Does it happen with all the PSD files or a particular one?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing you must check is that the color space of your PSD document must be RGB not CMYK. After Effects can not import PSD layered documents in CMYK space.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. Someone in another thread found a workaround.

gabriel45199551: "You have to import a PNG file, and cancel that, so import your PSD file again and will work."

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this annoying issue,
I try the import PNG file, erase it, import again PSD, and nothing. Not working for me

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That PNG workaround is not longer working.  I tried first importing my psd as footage and then importing it again as composition-retain layer sizes.  Crashes every time.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines