• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we get a better way to export a animated gif with a transparent background?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, My name is Michael and I use after effects for my animating job for my friend who streams. I am always making mini animations for him and I always have to export as a mp4 then drag into photoshop and export as a gif with a transparent background from there as both adobe after effects and adobe media encoder don't have options for transparent gifs/compressed transparent animations. If anyone has a better way for the time being I would be most greatful. Thanks!

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... there is no way to export gifs with transparency straiht from AE but there is much better way to do that than exporting as mp4 without transparency and then keying it out in PS and then export. 
You have to export from AE to mov format as f.eg. png compression (or any other that can export transparency and can be accepted by PS), then open PS import your mov file and export as gif. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply and yea thats been working for me, but its just really like hoop jumping for something that isn't really too complex. It's just been a small pain to have to do it everytime I make a new animation, but atleast I can get a transparent gif in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't mind spending thirty bucks, a plugin called GifGun lets you export animated Gifs direct from AE.

https://aescripts.com/gifgun/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh yes, I knew someone clever out here would have something made. Thanks bunch guys, Thats exactly what I'm lookin for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @Andrew Yoole said - you can also spend some money and buy GifGun plugin and export GIFs from A directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines