Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot change the size of the brush!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I work with the latest version of AE (18.0.1.) and now am trying to paint some  simple dots on a solid (after double clicking on it), but the size of the brush won't change when I open the brush window. On the screenshot you can see the window, it seems to be dead, doesn't react on clicking on it. Does anybody know the problem and has a solution? Probably it is something completely obvious, but I jaust cannot see it šŸ™‚

Thanks and cheers!

210407_Screenshot_brush_AE.JPG

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Solved! I just made some random changing of the workspace from "Standard" to "Original" and then back and then the brushesWOKE UP! I don't really know the magic behind it, but it did help!

Thanks for responding, it was great to see, that I'm not left alone with this great, but sometimes opaque software!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is probably that you don't have the brush tool selected.

In order to use the paint tool you need to 1) create a layer 2) open the layer in the layer panel 3) have the brush tool selected (not necessarily in that order)

And the tool needs to be selected in order for the paint tool panel to "wake up"

You should always upload shots of your entire interface because issues may be and often are dependent on other factors.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for a quick response!

The brush was activated, the layer (a solid) was made and the layer panel was open, too. I've already made some dots with the 9 px brush, but couldn't change the size. And now I'm beginning to go slightly nuts, because I don't see, what is wrong šŸ™‚ Also since I've been working with the software for a while now and also already have been panting with different brush sizes. You're right, the screenshot should've been of the entire interface. I've uploaded another one. Many thanks!

210407_Screenshot_brush_AE_02.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved! I just made some random changing of the workspace from "Standard" to "Original" and then back and then the brushesWOKE UP! I don't really know the magic behind it, but it did help!

Thanks for responding, it was great to see, that I'm not left alone with this great, but sometimes opaque software!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awesome.   all part of the enigmatic "creative cloud experience"  šŸ˜‰

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your answer just saved my butt - thanks so much!
Gotta love hiccups like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Brush is stuck on default size 13 100%soft

Need to get hard etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, can only work in Standard Workspace. Brush sizes and hardness disabled in Custom Workspace.
thanks for solve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines