• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot edit expression in Graph Editor

Participant ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an issue for a few versions now, for me.

If I have "Show Expression Editor" checked in the Graph Editor ... I can see my expression, but I cannot edit it.

I can make changes, but after pressing 'enter' or clicking away, my edits are ignored and it goes back.

I have to exit the Graph Editor to make changes.

Is this just me? Drives me nuts.

TOPICS
Expressions , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having problems getting edits to stick when I edit in the Graph Editor in the latest builds of AE. The enter key on a numeric keypad seems to work most of the time, but clicking anywhere in the timeline or the comp panel forgets my edits. I think it's a bug in CC 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be fixed in the latest Beta, but I'm hesitant to switch over in production ... even though it does seem that I can re-open Beta projects in non-beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah, I use the beta all the time! If something goes squirrely, you can just open it in the production version of AE, but the current version of the beta doesn't really have anything huge in it that might cause a big issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this has been going on for some time now. 
Looking at the Graph Editor, editing the expression and when I hit (numpad) Enter, noting has been changed. 
If I'm ever sharp enough, I select all, copy.. and then paste the expression again, once I've closed the Graph Editor.. 
but really, adobe should have fixed this bug months, if not years, ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Anders Hattne This has been fixed for many months now, and not just in the beta version. Are you using AE 2021? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines