• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot open a project file in AE 23.x

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

recently, i downloaded a project file but i cannot open it. it will crash everytime i try to open that project file. I tried to open a project and import but it crashed without any crash announcement

I can open other aep file normally without crash except that file

can someone help me with this?

TOPICS
Crash , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be the project file itself. A corrupted project file can cause such issues. Where did you get it from? In which version of After Effects the file was created? If possible, try to get it saved again from the source machine. Also, you can share the project file with me to give it a try. Feel free to share it via DM.

Moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure, ill send it through your DM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2024 Aug 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open the file without any problem. Looks like it was created in After Effects version 17.x and a number of plug-ins were used. I saved a copy of the project file from the latest version and shared it via DM. Let me know if you can open that one.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2024 Aug 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try opening the project with After Effects in Safe Mode where you should be able to check for third-party effects or fonts that may need to be updated.

Try opening the project without the source footage to check for a source clip that might be causing the crash. 

Try starting a new project and then importing the project into that using File > Import. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines