Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot preview video, shows only green

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was working on a video yesterday on my personal 13" MacBook Pro (2016) and it seemed to be just fine. I exported it from Premiere but wanted to add some bits in After Effects on my work PC. When I imported the video into AE on Windows, this happened (see image attached).

I know for a fact the graphics card is pretty shockingly bad (GT710) and technically isn't supported by adobe, but it's not been a problem before as I've been able to skip the warning dialog and work on it anyway. Could it be because of this, or something else? 

Any help would be super useful! I don't really want to be using my personal MacBook Pro (which itself is a bit lethargic with video) for work stuff, but work seem to not want to buy me a new machine. 

Thanks

green preview.JPG

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enter into After Effects > Preferences > Display and deactivate hardware acceleration. Then go to Edit > Purge > All Memory and Dik Cache. Restart After Effects and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jose, unfortunately this has not worked. Thank you for the advice,  though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens if you open the video file in any other software like VLC or Quicktime Player? Do you see the same green image?

Go to After Effects Preferences > Import and deactivate hardware acceleration. Then Purge your cache and restart After Effects.

Another thing you cann try is to check that you are using the latest drivers for your graphic card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines