• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2018 Worst update Ever? AE can't convert some cc 2017 projects

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating, AE can't convert some cc 2017 projects.

infinite converting "loop" stuck at 92 or 93 %

Same thing when opening already converted projects.

Almost worked fine last week, nothing special on weekend and not working anymore on monday.

Infinite loading loop stuck at either 92 or 93 %.

Tried loading auto-saved projects : no success.

Tried caps-lock trick : no success.

Having a really bad nightmare here.

I mean, what's the point of releasing an update if you get to loose your work ?

Mod note: Title modified

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Hi PGZ Mobibase,

In my case I found it more efficient to go back to older versions of my projects (about 10 versions) either from "auto save" 2017 or from my main projects.

I am a big fan of completing all projects in the version they were created in. This is also the case with my video projects. If it's a project that needs to be carried forward across a major new version, I allow a period of testing for unexpected behavior. If there is too much of that, I spend time rebuilding elements in a new

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PGZ@Mobibase  wrote

A real nice community experience. Encouraging people to share different points of view as yours.

Keep up the good work.

LOL....sorry for challenging your flaccid argument.   The validity of an argument lay in its content...not in the mere fact that it's an argument.   Apparently It's ok to challenge & dump and criticize Adobes decisions & excuses but when you get a taste of your own medicine

you shrink and cry foul.  LOL 

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PGZ Mobibase,

In my case I found it more efficient to go back to older versions of my projects (about 10 versions) either from "auto save" 2017 or from my main projects.

I am a big fan of completing all projects in the version they were created in. This is also the case with my video projects. If it's a project that needs to be carried forward across a major new version, I allow a period of testing for unexpected behavior. If there is too much of that, I spend time rebuilding elements in a new project format. Sounds like you were in this position, so, sorry for that. In a perfect world, all projects should update easily. Sorry this doesn't always happen.

PGZ@Mobibase  wrote

If Adobe was a car company (for example Ford) and you would buy a car...

Please send all issues related to quality to the development team here. We're only here to triage support issues. Appreciated!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin for these precisions which in the end rely on pure logic.

This is an advice that I personnaly apply not only to software but also to OS : If something works, don't touch it.

Upgrade only if needed. In fact, you know what you are leaving behind, but don't really know or understand what you will get (talking new code, render engine enhancements etc).

Maybe one way would be to be a Beta-tester for incoming upgrades ?

I Put myself in this position with this version because of new Json feature.

Been using auto-generated data driven content with Json on CC2017 with the use of external scripting.

Wanted to give it a try to see if i could get a better workflow.

All is fine on my side now, back to normal.

Thanks for your concern

PGZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

back to your original situation.

If you're still interested in getting old projects into cc 2018, have you tried importing the old project into a new one rather than just updating? Not ideal, but I've found that to be a helpful workaround in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes I tried but it did not do the trick for me.

Somehow I managed to open older versions of my aep's in 2018 loosing part of my work but it worked in the end.

Sometimes had to go back 10 versions to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

InDesign cc2018 Is a nightmare.  I have to force quit using tak mgr.  Selecting text only works occasionally and everytime I type an upper i it begins uppercase until I stop and do a deselect all.  I spend half my day changing text to lowercase.  I think Adobe hired Russian monkeys to code their software because 2018CC is CRAP!  Slow and more bugs than a Lousiana sewer in summer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines