• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Sphere and continuously rasterized map

New Here ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some advice on executing an map animation. This is a continuously rasterized question primarily. If I take a vector file (map) I brought in from Illustrator and apply the CC Sphere effect to it do I loose the ability for AE to continously raterize that vector map? I assume the answer is yes. I need to zoom into the globe (map that has CC Sphere applied to it) and still hold good resolution. My map size is 6176 x 3648. I'm getting an AE error message After effects error: buffer size (31930x18862). (37 :: 102). I am assuming the file is WAY too large for AE to handle so my question is what is the best way to handle an effect like CC Sphere and raster? 

I know I'm not asking this question properly but basically I want to zoom into the globe and have good resolution without getting that error message OR maybe there is a better way to create this animation? Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try Video Copilot's free Orb plugin.  That can handle 6k textures and offload their rendering to your GPU.

Depending on your project, you could also look at Google Earth Pro, which is free to sign up to and will not only generate animations for you, it will also spit out an AE data.  There's a requirement you leave their attribution visible in the final product though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll give it a try. The client wants a simple two color map (land one color and the oceans one color) but I'll use my vector with CoPilots orb and see what happens. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't bother wasting your time with other plug-ins. They'll fail with the same errors. It's simply an unsuitable workflow. Pre-compose your map to a large size that the effect can actually handle like 16000 x 8000, which would probably be the maximum and apply the effect in the parent comp. Then zoom in as far as you can and create more pre-comps with partial areas that are spherified using effects like Bulge or Optics Compensation and then strategically fade between the steps, making sure everything lines up. There is simply no way to do this the lazy way with just a single step. The limits of AE and the general math will always get in the way.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines