• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change drag and drop functionality to not assume image sequences?

Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I drag and drop a folder into AE it always assumes it's going to be an image sequence but I almost never use image sequences. Can I change a setting so AE doesn't assume I'm importing an image sequence?

If I try to import a folder with multiple folders full of videos I get this error:

"Can't generate a sequence. Directory doesn't contain files with valid sequence files names."

...but if I hold ALT while dragging and dropping it imports fine.

If I try to import a folder with videos in it I get this error:

"File cannot be imported - files of this type cannot be used as sequences."

...but if I hold ALT while dragging and dropping it imports fine.

I don't want to have to hold ALT every time I import something. I'd rather hold ALT only when importing an image sequences.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. It's unfortunately hard-coded.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow that's annoying and doesn't really make any sense. If I go to File >Import everything imports fine, I don't understand why dragging and dropping a folder should work any differently. I can't believe I have to tell AE that it shouldn't attempt to create an image sequence out of a folder that doesn't contain any images - the program recognizes there are only videos and instead of importing the folder it gives an error... that seems wrong.

I don't remember getting this error on Macs but I don't have Mac to test this on. Is this a Windows problem?

I submitted a feature request: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects/suggestions/38861359-change-drag-and-d...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this change recently? I have the EXACT OPPOSITE issue - I can't import image sequences by dragging. I have to use the file import dialog. AE 22.3.0 (the issue exists for me for more than a year) on Monterey 12.3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same, cant drag'n'drop, nothing helps. Going to reinstall. Abobe is amazing as usually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines