• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change speed

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, i'm trying to change speed to a 3d null object by rotating position and scale together. The problem is that my path also changes, why? Can you help me understand?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

I believe it is the spatial interpolation of the Position keyframes that is causing this.

1. Highlight your position keyframes on the Timeline.
  2. Right–click on one of the selected keyframes and choose Keyframe Interpolation from the menu.
  3. In the dialog, set Spacial Interpolation to Linear.
  4. Click OK to close the dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I misconstrued the position keyframes when I said that.  It's hard to work out exactrly what's going on with your project without seeing the project, but it's almost certainly an issue with the combined scaling and position change competing with each other, as I mentioned above.

First things to do to diagnose the issue is to remove all spatial interpolation, in case its a bezier curve or temporal issue.  Even without eased movements you'll be able to see if the odd jump still occurs.  If it does, delete the scale keyframes. Do you still see the jump?

If you're happy to post or message me with your project file I'll work it out in two seconds, but it's a little hard doing it remotely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines