• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collect only uncollected footage

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i'm working with large projects with large source files in a team and only added a few extra files, is there a way to collects only the previously uncollected files instead of collecting a duplicating every file in the project every time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably easier to move the few imported files by hand to the new destination folder and then reconnect to them when they show up missing in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to put them in a composition that is not the main one, so you do not have them in order just as a container one layer on top of the other. Select the Comp in Project panel. Then you go to the menu File / Dependencies / Collect Files ... and in Collect Source Files set in "For Selected Comps" then you look for the location of the other files. This way it could work.Captura de Pantalla 2019-06-19 a la(s) 19.54.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that's a nice trick.

I was hoping for an idiot proof solution as footage ends up in various comps of the project, these projects get worked on and updated again and again, some of the projects i'm working on started over 3 years ago and after having multiple people work on them over a course of a few years and 10+ versions they start to get messy. i'm also dealing with up to 100Gb of files in the project so collecting files takes a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines