Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining shape paths?

Explorer ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 8.59.07 AM.png

Im absolutely baffled by what should be the simplest task. I've made this simple shape via a line + an ellipse in the same shape layer. I need to be able to treat the shape as one object so that I can animate the rounded tip of the shape (the position of the ellipse) and the line will stay attached to it. The opposite end of the line needs to stay put as the ellipse moves around. I also need the line to contract/expand as the ellipse moves. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't bother.

Effect --> Generate --> Circle

Effect --> Generate --> Beam

Connect the crosshairs with some simple pickwhip expressions, move stuff around, animate the completion parameter of the beam. Otherwise of course the same could be achieved with more expressions on the shape layers, but why make things complicated?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lol "don't bother" is right 🙂

this works perfecly, thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines