• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition screen became black suddenly in After Effects 17.5 November version. What to do?

Participant ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Cinema 4d Renderer .After few minutes using it the screen became black .What should i do?Screenshot_1.jpg

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess would be your graphics card is struggling.  Try switching to software only rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should i upadte my graphic drivers.Will it help? I have 1650 gtx nvidia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tred switching to software only but it is not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got both the comp settings and the cineware settings set to avoid the GPU?  There's also a project setting in C4D Lite for similar.  And when in C4D Lite, if you use the render preview, what do you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

possibly ignore my comments about C4D Lite, looking at the screenshot again I see you're just using the comp renderer with a shape layer.  Have you tried purging your media cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i always purge the disk cache inbetween my personal projects 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm, trying to be systematic here, and I might be wrong about the cause, so can i check that:

• File > Project settings > Video Rendering & Effects - you've got it set to Mercury Software only
  • Composition > Composition Settings >  3D Renderer, you've got it set to Classic 3D

If this is the case for both settings and you still get black in the comp window, then I'm stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still viewport is hanging after few minutes and black screen coming after i upadated to 17.5.1 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines