• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition taking too long to render

New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been trying to render a video for a while now it’s a minute long and always says It takes 200+ hours to render,  theres about 20 seconds of element 3d in it and there’s a lot of time remapping and transitions I don’t think it’s supposed to be this slow and it’s slow for both AME and After Effects render queue I think my specs are decent and should hold up way more than how it’s holding up now I have a Ryzen 5 2600 GTX 1050 ti and 16gb of 2666mhz ram I think that’s all you need to know but lmk if there’s anything else and how to fix this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

RenderGarden may help you to decrease the rendering time although it is a third-party tool. 7-day trial is available for free.

https://www.mekajiki.com/rendergarden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

200 hours seems long but ut can happen. As for sure RenderGarden that ToolfarmJP mentioned can help because it will take advantage of all of your CPU cores. But I think that 200+ hours seems even to llong for one core to render so what I would recommend to you is to optimize your workflow. It is hard to say what you should do exactly without knowing what exactly is going on in your composition but:
- if you put time remaping on composition with E3D layers I would try to slow them down by keyframing them that way - not by puting remaping
- if you have to do that remaping on e3d layers - I would first render only those layers without any effects, remapings etc. and then put those renders in your composition.
- as a rule try to time remap only footage layers and try to keyframe effects

etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My design limit for rendering is 7 minutes per frame. If the design takes longer than that I change the design. Any renders that take longer than a few seconds are always rendered to an image sequence. It's much easier to recover from a render failure than it is when you are rendering a movie. Most of my comps are a single shot that is under 7 seconds. I almost never have more than one shot in a comp.

Unless your comp is one continuous shot I would suggest that you break it up into pieces. It's pretty easy to just select the layers that make up a shot and pre-compose them, then render the pre-comps and edit the rendered footage in Premiere Pro.

You also want to make sure that your comp doesn't contain multiple levels of things that can really increase render times. Particle systems and 3D renders are notorious for bogging down the system.

I'd have to see screenshots and have a really good understanding of the workflow to make any more meaningful suggestions. The only thing I am pretty certain of is that you have put way too much in a single comp and there is probably a lot that can be organized more efficiently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines