• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition timeline issue

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a niggling issue that has bothered me since the start of the course, in the grand scheme of things it's not preventing my learning but I was hoping someone might be able to help.
On my composition timeline, when playing, the seconds/frames per second do not increase along with the timeline? Does anyone know if it's a setting I have switched off? Can't seem to get it working! I have uninstalled the software. I've highlighted the area I mean. Any help would be much appreciated. 
Thank you 🙂

Screenshot 2020-02-07 at 15.10.30.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's designed to be like that.  You're looking at the 'current time'. That shows the current time of the playhead - the blue vertical line in the timeline - also called the 'Current Time Indicator' (CTI). When you preview you'll see a red line - the 'previewed frame indicator' - moving through the timeline. The blue line stays still - so the current time display doesn't update - until you stop the preview. At that point the CTI moves to the last previewed frame* and the current time display updates.

* That's assuming you have default preview settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're looking at the Time Display in the Timeline panel that shows you the location of the Current Time indicator (CTI) which is represented by the blue vertical line in the Timeline.

Look at the Preview Time in the Composition panel that shows you the location of the Preview Time Indicator (PTI) during a Preview and is represetned by the red vertical line in the Timeline.

Preview Time showing the current time during a Preview.Preview Time showing the current time during a Preview. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines