• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition window freezing and not responding

New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start a project in AE and begin working (motion graphics and video), after a few minutes of working the composition window freezes. I can not select anything in it, and when I select a layer from the timeline and adjust any properties it does not update in the preview of the composition window. Please help. I have cleared and purged my cache and reset my settings.  

troubleshooting AE.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the minimum amount of RAM for using AE, so try turning off the option to cache frames when idle.

Although, it may be an issue with the GPU. What GPU do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try turning off (or on) the preference for hardware acceleration of panels, etc.

What do your memory and performance settings look like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the late reply. I turned off cache frames when idle and hardwear acceleration was already deselected. Here are my memory and performance settings currently

troubleshooting AE2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try unticking the box that's ticked and ticking the box that's unticked. See if that makes a difference. 

If so, try turning one of them back and see if it reintroduces the issue to see if we can narrow things down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alright, I unchecked/checked the boxes but still no change. Freeze is still occuring after I start a new comp about 1-2 minutes into AE loading up. Also updated my GPU driver as well just in case and no change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has AE ever worked correctly on this machine?

Do you have any third-party extensions, plugins, or scripts?

Have you tried other versions? For example, I'd suggest trying the public beta and then, if that doesn't work, try one major version back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has not ever worked on this machine, unfortunatly its a company laptop. I did try to download the oldest availible version of AE 18.0 2021 and it gave me a different but slightly similar issue of the composition window not showing at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, if the public beta doesn't work for you, I'd suggest contacting Adobe support.

You can access the public beta here:

beta apps.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines