• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

connect text layers using expressions to automatically update font family, font size, etc.

Participant ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!!!

I'd like to know if there's a way to connect text layers, in my case from different composions, using expressions so that way I can edit the main compositions texts, and have the other compositions automatically updated when I change the text font family, or font size, or stroke or...whatever.

Is it even possible? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only add expressions to every property, which can be keyframed. You can't keyframe font family and other text settings, sadly. So, no expression for that.

But you could put all texts in a AI file. Each text on a layer and you edit them there. Back in AE, you place the corresponding layer in each pre-comp. Make sure the "sun" icon is activated for vector-rastering, so you don't loose quality if you scale above 100%.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply Martin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines