• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continuously rasterized comp containing 2.5D elements gets offset and tiled when precomped

Explorer ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continuously rasterized comp containing 2.5D elements gets offset and tiled when precomped.

I made faux extrusion by ofsetting an object in z space. I precomed this object, and selected cont. rasterize and 3d toggles. I animated several of these comps then precomped them again. When I did this it offset and tiled the comp and I am unable to center it or remove the tiling.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm, precomps use the same toggle as Continuously Rasterize, but it is actually Collapse Transformations when they are involved.

For 2.5D comps, this allows you to build a house (for example) then bring this into a street comp.  A normal nested comp would then appear as a flat 2D layer, but when you collapse transformations, it acts as if the precomp is a 3D model (in effect).  I'm generalising and glossing over a lot of detail here.  I think your problems are that you are using the Faux Extrusion tools plus collapse plus 3D toggle.  You're probably confusing AE.

I don't think you need the 3D toggle, but I'd need to see your set up (any screenshots you can post would be helpful).  Another thing you could try is using Video Copilot's 3D Precomp script to generate linked cameras for each of your precomps.  Then, forget about using the collapse transformations tool entirely and just place them together.

https://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2014/08/free-script-3d-pre-compose-tutorial/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im not actually extruding anything. I just have several of the same flat 2d layers, and each layer is offset +5 on the z axis. So when I precomp that, and select continuously rasterize and 3d, it acts like a 3d model. If you rotate 90 degrees, it looks like a series of lines. I've done this many times in the past, but for some reason its doing this weird tiling effect. I also attached the aep in my original post but not sure if its accessable to everyone or just Adobe.

Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 10.55.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines