• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating dynamic auto resize lower thirds

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a project in after effects where the lower third text information is coming from an external csv file. 
I am new to after effects expressions.
This text will be in 2 or 3 lines and would like to make it lower-third text box width scaled up by using the text length from the 2nd or 3rd line. 
Can you please support me? I am attaching an image for reference. Lower3rds_Reference.JPG
TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Research the various sourceRectAtTime() methods. Plenty of info out there and even a simple web search will bring up tons of tutorials.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt response @Mylenium 

I did try the sourceRectAtTime() method but am not able to put all 2/3 text layers in the same box.

If you happen to have some references or maybe you can help me with the expression, that would be helpful.

I also tried the Simple Box Rig method but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can anyone please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines