• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Expression Easing

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so stumped with this it's not even funny... Someone so graciously gave me the information in order to get this expression to work:

t = time-inPoint; animIn = framesToTime(6); // 6 frame starting animation animOut = framesToTime(6); // 6 frame ending animation stVal = [10, 10]; // Starting Scale endVal = [-248, -248]; // Calculate ending scale as 10, 10 animEndStrt = outPoint - inPoint - animOut; // Animations sclUp = easeIn(t, 0, animIn, stVal, [258, 258]); sclDn = easeOut(t, animEndStrt, animEndStrt + animOut, [0, 0], endVal); // Combine the animations sclUp + sclDn

My only issue here is I am unable to adjust the ease amounts for the scale property; this is a simple scale in, and scale out animation for subtitles that can be repeated multiple times throughout the project.

scale property keyframes I am trying to use for the expression animation
(Keyframe1: 10 - 6frames - Keyframe2: 258 - end of layer - Keyframe3: 278 - 6 frames - Keyframe 4: 10)

I will normally ease all the way in/out with the graph editor, which gives it the right kind of look. However I am so beyond stumped I cannot figure out how to adjust them in the expression itself/expression graph editor. I really hope I explained it well enough for someone to maybe have an answer, Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The expression doesn't respond to any keyframes, anyway, so I'm not clear what you are actually trying to do here. You would need key(X).time and key(X).value in there, replacing the hard-wired values. And you may need to duplicate the whole interpolation code before adding up stuff plus may need a loop to check for which time segement you are in. That said, instead of trying to make things complicated it is just as simple to split the layer and have individual expressions, if any at all.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea my apologies for the confusion, I was just trying to mimic the animation I normally would use keyframes to create, but with expressions. It wouldnt suprise me if I have 1000+ layers of these subtitles on a weekly basis, so having an expression that automatically sets the animation to the in and outpoint of the layer would save me soo much time. (vs manually adjusting the keyframes for each and every text layer) Do you know of any specific resources I could use in order to figure out the best way to create an expression for this? Coming from someone who is very well versed in AE, but almost brand new to expressions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines