• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Darker color is not having the darker color overlay the lighter layer

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you guys know what's happening here? I'm following a tutorial to the tee and I'm not sure why mine is different from Hieu Vu's. He duplicated the first wave layer and put it on top and changed the blending mode to darker color. I want the light blue to appear in and out on the thin white wave as its moving, but it's just covering the white wave. Interestingly, when I change wave 4 to a light yellow, it works. However, thats not the color that I want. I want the light blue to appear on the white wave, not yellow. I've tried precomposing wave 4 and the white wave layer and used the darker color blending mode but that doesn't work either. This is the tutorial that I'm following: https://youtu.be/xE4ItYkaITs?si=zJTDclkXUM9lUDVa

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using completely different colors is not "following a tutorial to the tee".  That's all there is to say. Color sensitive blending modes like Darker Color will inevitably produce different results with using different colors. That's the whole point. That aside the tutorial is pretty terrible and doesn't explain any of those basics nor does it advise on alternate solutions to do things in a "clean" manner liek using track mattes to define the ov erlapping regions and color them separately with much more control than relying on the unpredictability of blending modes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Based on the attributes of the darker color blending mode (the darker color should overlay the lighter color), shouldn't it work in the same manner? "The Darken mode compares the colors of the blending layer and the base layers, and keeps the darker colors. The mode analyzes the luminance of the layer, making brighter areas more transparent and darker colors more opaque."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines