• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Detailed face tracking is wiggling

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do a simple face tracking using the new feature, but the result mask ends up very wiggling.

You can see the original video and then the masked face right after it:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZdMrBkZqIdYuqm6PzjuNoy7Wj3tNfkHNsXy

Any advice?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not surprised - given the snow passing in front of his face.

But what's the point of using auto face tracking here?  You could draw a simple pen based mask and animate it manually for this entire clip in about 30 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's required for a plugin I'm using at the next stage.

Any idea on how to solve that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Motion Bro, face swap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking up that plugin, the demo video seems to use detailed face tracking, not outline face tracking as your test. Do you get usable results with detailed tracking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did use detailed tracking, and the result was attached above.
This makes the face wiggle all over the place (well, they're small wiggles, but very noticeable)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Applying some basic colour corrections - a basic luninance curve, to reveal more detail in the face helps a little in getting a less jittery mask, but other than that, I think you're out of luck for generating an automatic mask.

The face is only a small part of the frame, the footage is compressed - both of which seriously work against getting a good face track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The footage looks like it was downloaded from the internet or ripped from a DVD. I'm almost sure you don't own or have permission to use the original visually lossless footage. MPEG compression is very lossy, usually only has one original frame for every 2, 3, or 4 interpreted frames, the color is compressed in blocks of at least 4 pixels and a whole bunch of other things that are hard for the eye to see are going on in the footage. It is no wonder that face tracking isn't giving you a perfect track. You could try stabilizing the footage and adding some color correction and enhancement before trying to do the face tracking, but generally, the better the quality of the footage the better the track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see, makes sense Rick

Thank you both!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines