• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Detect if user is scrubbing through timeline during render?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am creating a After Effects effect for use in Premier Pro.

Due to how the plugin operates, during render it must be able to detect if the user is scrubbing through the timeline, or if a sequence render is being done.

At the moment I am testing if the image is being down-sampled. Is there a better way?

Thank you,

Shaun

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shaun,

You're definitely not the first one to ask about this, but render intent is hard to distinguish in an effect plug-in.  There isn't a reliable way to check for this.  In the Monitor, a user can set the scrubbing resolution so that it isn't downsampled at all, in which case checking the downsample factor doesn't distinguish it.

Why do you need to detect this?

Regards,

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Zac,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your time.

The project I am working on is a edge case. It essentially renders a progress bar and requires information calculated from all the previous frames, in sequential order.

Currently I am marshaling render calls to get them into frame order. Frames are not included in this process if they are down-sampled.

The plugin currently works but is not as robust as I would like and is tuned to the current behavior of Premier Pro. As you highlighted it also relies on the down-sample factor.

I would like to implement a method that involves checking out the required input frames removing the need to marshal the render calls. This task would be simplified if there is a way to checkout output frames?

Kind regards,

Shaun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines