Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

disable Mercury GPU Acceleration warning

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've opened a very old project and was greeted with an error:

"This project was last used with Mercury GPU Acceleration (CUDA), which is not available on this system. Mercury GPU Acceleration (OpenCL) will be used"

I realize that this is complaining about some old GPU Acceleration I am not remotely interested in nor do I have something that requires to be accelerated. My MacBook Pro does not have a CUDA card installed. And that is completely fine.

The problem is that I am getting this message on every project opening. What should I do to tell AE, that is is okay that there is no CUDA card and that I do not want any acceleration. Is there some feature I can uncheck? I already went to Previews -> GPU Information and ray tracing is set to CPU.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

This always happens when you start an AE project in other machine with GPU Cuda Acceleration active. Go to File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects and choose Mercury Software only. This way you will avoid this message in Mac/Win but you loose GPU acceleration in all cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look in AE Preferences, too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Previews are under Preferences... Also, Preferences -> Video Preview -> Enable Mercury Transmit does not seem to do anything.

Is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This always happens when you start an AE project in other machine with GPU Cuda Acceleration active. Go to File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects and choose Mercury Software only. This way you will avoid this message in Mac/Win but you loose GPU acceleration in all cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jose. You were spot on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

some years later, had the same issue after updating to AE 23.0.0: to toggle File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects and choose Mercury Software only OFF and ON again resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines