• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disk cache doesn't have enough space warning?

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a lot of this warning:

"Your disk cache folder is on a drive that does not have enough available space to safely store the full amount specified in your preferences."

My setup an settings are:

AE 2018 fully updated.

Disk cache is its own 500GB SSD, after clearing AE Cache, there is 400gb free space on that drive.

Maximum Disk Cache Size is to to 200 GB

Why do I keep getting this message?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically it simply indicates a miscommunication between yoiur disk controller and the operating system. Check your device manager and update the storage driver.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than trying Mylenium's suggestion, you may want to try deleting AE's Prefs.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted AE's prefs and tried updating the storage driver, which seemed up to date. So the error is still there. Is there a different method to update it? Or any other fix in mind?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide screen caps of your Media & Disk Cache prefs AND your HDs as per your OS display. Also, have you tried setting your disk cache onto another drive - just to see if it'll work on another drive?

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings,

I was getting the same error, earlier, until I set my
     Preferences -> Media & Disk Cache Size -> Maximum Disk Cache Size = <the same value that I had in RAM allocated to AE>

In my case, the number I used was 11GB.

See the example screen grabs below:

1. This first image shows you the Warning that I used to get.
  2. The second image shows you the 11GB Max RAM that I have allocated to AE (you'll find this in the Preferences -> Memory Tab)
  3. The third image shows you how I set the 11GB (specified in 2.) to the Max. Disk Cache Size (given in the Preferences -> Media & Disk Cache Size Tab).

Doing so, got rid of my Warning.

Hope it helps.

Rajnesh

Image 1:

AE Disk Cache Warning.png

Image 2:

Memory Settings Showing Ram Available.png

Image 3:

Max Disk Cache Size.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines