Exit

Disk Cache Error

Participant ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've looked everywhere, and I can't find a reason or a fix for this:

WARNING:After Effects warning: logged one error  warning: The file '/Volumes/CACHE/AE/Adobe/After Effects/15.1/Disk Cache - Mac Pro.noindex/0c/0c637efc-3230-7121-164b-eea61c835bef.ADBE ICV.7789645.AAAAAHAIABA=.aecache.tmp' could not be found.

My cache is a separate 500GB SSD drive. It was cleared before this render. I'm rendering in aerender.

AE CC 2018

Mac Pro 2 x 3.33

GTX 1080

96GB RAM

OSX High Sierra 10.13.6

Thanks,

Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when I look for that specific file on the cache drive, it's there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks that it has lost the reference to your Disk Cache directory. You can try a couple of things:

1.- Go to After Effects > Preferences > Media & Disk Cache an set again the output directory in your SSD 500GB drive

2.- If the one above does not work, delete the After Effects Preferences file. You can do it holding COMMAND+ALT+SHIFT once you launch AE. You will be prompted to delete the preferences file. Another way to delete your preferences is using Preference Manager from Digital Rebellion, a free software to delete and backup your video apps preferences.

If the second way works, you must set again the output directory in your SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eric,

Did you ever resolve this? We're receiving the same error - using `aerender`

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines