Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I Need the AE SDK For This?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2006 Oct 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I hope this posting isn't in the wrong place. I've asked a similar question in the general forum, but have had no "bites" yet.

I'm wondering about custom animation effects (*.ffx files). When browsing through the project templates with AE7, I ran across the Expression Sampler.aet template. This project contains many compositions. These compositions contain effects that I cannot find anywhere in AE. For example, the "bounce" composition contains an effect called "Bounce". It looks to be a simple collection of controls to be used for animating parameters for an expression. By itself, it appears to do nothing. I believe it's main purpose is to supply values for an expression.

What I can't figure out is how to create such an effect (collection of controls). How would I reproduce something similar? Do I need to use the AE SDK? or is there some feature in the software that will suffice, that I just haven't found yet? I've been scourering the 'net and the Adobe site with no luck.

I know about the six Expression Controls effects, but those will only allow you to add one control per effect. You can't group a bunch of related controls together.

Again, I hope I haven't misplaced this question. Thanks,
Tim
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2006 Oct 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SDK won't help you create favorite (ffx) files. When you say there's an effect called Bounce, I think you'll find that it's a favorite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2006 Oct 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brooce,

Yes, I understand that now. However, how can I reproduce what was done with the "Bounce" effect? The Expression Controls only allow you to place a single control in to an effect, not group them together. I'm interested in learning how to create similar groupings of controls.

Thanks!
Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2006 Oct 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Tim, I don't know that one by heart. Perhaps the user guide has something handy to say about favorites...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2006 Oct 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Nope. The user guide talks about Expression Controls, but not grouping them together. Any other suggestions for resources?

Thanks,
Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines