Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dots appearing in GIF Animation

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created the gif animation it should be below 1 mb, but there are some dots that are showing in the animation, they disappear when it's mp4. But i need gif, and also it should be with smaller size.

I tried to export as jpeg sequence in After Effects, and than open in Photoshop and export as gif animation, but is the same

Thank you,

Monika

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, and let me be bruttally direct here, but this is one of those cases where you definitely have a wrong understanding of the limited capabilities of the GIF format. There are simply way too many colors to be accommodated in the 256 colors available to a GIF. the rings with the gradients alone could easily gobble up 64 colors to look smooth and then you haven't even accounted for the background. Whatever you have in mind will require a completely different approach regardless of what tools you use. This will never turn out any differently. If it's for soem web shop, you need to explorer how to combine multiple images and overlays in the web code and if that's not an option, then indeed you will have to embed it as a video format.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I solved it by:

- Exporting an H.246 version

- bought the H.264 back into After Effects

- Exported as a GIF

- Opened GIF in Photoshop

- Exported - Save To Web (legacy) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, but it didn't work. Can you explain in more detail? Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Savior thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines