Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate Affects the Original

Enthusiast ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I'm using Ae CC2018 and now moving over to CC2019. I'm no way a master of Ae, as my question will show.

I am making a bunch of templates. Some of them use the same comps, that are built on pre-comps (e.g. some opening or closing credits, which have some texts/ images saved in pre-comps). So I duplicate these comps and re-name them. But when I make my modifications, the originals and pre-comps are modified as well.

How can I duplicate these comps and disassociate the duplicate and its contents from the original?

Regards,

Graham

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you duplicating these precomps in the timeline or in the project window? If you duplicate it in the timeline you are just duplicating the layer with an instance of the same precomp. Duplicating in the Project window will (should) give you two seperate independent comps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You must duplicate all the precomp and replaced it inside your new comp, or you can use a script like this one where they will do this job for you and automatically duplicate all the pre-comp, True Comp Duplicator - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

Note: you can name the price for 0 if you want to test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines