• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

easing functions that accept influence and speed as argument

Participant ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found some functions that can be used in expressions to control easing: jquery-easing/jquery.easing.js at master · danro/jquery-easing · GitHub . You can see how each one looks here: Easing Functions Cheat Sheet

This functions are discrete, meaning each function produces one curvature of the animation. If you played with graph editor, you can see that AE easing gives you handles, that produce continuous curvatures of the animation. You can also type in any influence and speed you want.

So my question is, where can I find easing functions that AE uses that accept influence and speed for an argument? With the functions I posted, you are limited to a small subsection of possibilities. Can this function be derived from the ones I posted? If so, whats the relation between them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are scripts out there that produce all kinds of custom interpolation functions. have a look at AEScripts.com.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking your time. I found lots of scripts, but I am not after scripts, but math equations rather.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be correct to say that you're looking to plot the coordinates for the control points and the corresponding tangents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

um, yeah. I guess.

Lets take an example:

function easeInQuad(x, t, b, c, d) {

return c*(t/=d)*t + b; // same as c* Math.pow((t/d),2) + b

}

This is a simple function. But it only describes one curve. There is infinite(I may be exaggerating) easeIn functions you can do in AE. Also easeOut and easeInOut functions...

I would expect there is function that looks like this:

function easeIn(startValue,change,duration,time,incomingVelocity1,incomingVelocity2, outgoingVelocity1,outgoingVelocity2){

return  ????; //what goes here?

}

maybe better, I'd like to transform curve in graph editor to expression. This is because you can't set values of keyframes with expressions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think EaseAndWizz is what you need. Look here:http://ianternet.net/ease-and-wizz//

Regards,

Wim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines