• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit/Customize/"Hack" the Expression Language Menu?

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2009 Mar 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to edit the Expression Language Menu?

Further Explanation:
The little (>) round button next to the pickwhip that has all of the "base" expressions.

Global>
vector Math>
Key>

Is there a way to add your own category>
Custom>

say you use time*1000 all the time, instead of just typing it (which in this case isn't a big deal) or going (>)Global>time and typing *1000, you could just go to (>)Custom>time*1000
TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2009 Mar 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe something in the BEE.dll? but 1, editing that most likely violates the eula, and 2, it will most likely crash afterefects... ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2009 Mar 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not at all. How would you hack it, not knowing the hex/binary offsets it ties into? For your specific needs: Why not use animation presets? Is that too obvious to be missed?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 12, 2009 Mar 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animation presets will modify the entire expression, rather than inserting the code into the existing expression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2009 Mar 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yeah, but I fail to see the differentiation. For such simple stuff it would be just the right thing. For more complex stuff you'd have to define the variables in more complex ways, anyway, so having it in the menu is of limited use at best. I rarely use it except for the odd occasion when someone asks about something that I never use and i need to look it up... I'm not sure. In that regard it would be much more consistent to have custom classes and have the editor work with code hinting, both of which are not really available in AE....

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines