• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effect Controls disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm using the latest version of After Effects and I can no longer see the slider counters for positioning, scaling etc - see pic.  Having looked at an old forum, everything that should be ticked is ticked in the effects and presets panel.  What else can I do and how do I get it back? Its driving me nuts!

Effect Controls Missing 3.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on the column headers in the timeline and reveal the A/V column. Read the help on such basics.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on the column bar and activate the switch and other elements

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 6.54.03 PM.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing to do is double click the workspace you are using to reset it. The second thing you should do become familiar with the three small switches at the bottom left corner of the Timeline. The first one expands and collapses the Layer Switches panel, the second the Transfer or Mode/Track matte panel, the third, seldom used button opens and closes the In/Out/Duration/Time Stretch panel. I almost always work with the first two selected and I open the Parent Link column by pressing Shift + F4 because I use a lot of parenting and expressions. 

The learn workspace has a quick explanation of the standard panels in AE. You should also customize your workspace menu by selecting Edit Workspaces at the bottom of the workspace list at the top of the UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I've been using AE for 10+ years doing fx and animations.... everything. This never happened, hard to find, didnt realize it was in this dropdown. Thanks again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines