• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effects

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I add my effects (which I download myself) to After Effects CS4?
TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Any effects supplied usually come with a readme file from the creator explaining how to install them.  I've noticed most these days include an installer, but CS4 is an older version of the product, so I'm assuming that these are older effects.

As Mylenium says, you either have a plugin, which the extension is .AEX or a preset, which is a .FFX file.

On your computer, navigate to:

C:\Programs\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files

And place the AEX file in the plug-ins folder or the FFX file in the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Effects" are plug-ins that need to be installed or copied to the respective sub-folder in the AE install folder. Similarly, animation presets need to be placed in the "Presets" folder.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any effects supplied usually come with a readme file from the creator explaining how to install them.  I've noticed most these days include an installer, but CS4 is an older version of the product, so I'm assuming that these are older effects.

As Mylenium says, you either have a plugin, which the extension is .AEX or a preset, which is a .FFX file.

On your computer, navigate to:

C:\Programs\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files

And place the AEX file in the plug-ins folder or the FFX file in the presets folder.

Then start After Effects.  If the effect appears in your comp with a red cross or other distortion, then it will require you to register it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines