• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eliminate reflection in moving clear glasses

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently struggling to find a way to remove this reflection on a moving subject during an interview. I tried masking on a second layer but I'm still new to After Effects and I'm confused on the mask properties and tracking I should apply. The light never actually reaches the pupil that said. Any idea, tips? Huge thanks in advance for any help!! I know the subject is in the forum but no good answers were apparently offered.

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 7.57.40 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Depending on what is going on in the shot you may want to stabilize the shot or even cut it up into manageable pieces. I get stuck with this kind of thing often and usually, the clone tool in AE is the solution. The problem with the clone tool is that it is not intuitive, does not behave like most new users think it should and requires some practice to use efficiently. If this unwanted glare appears randomly in the shot then I would cut up the shot into clips that only include the frames that yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on what is going on in the shot you may want to stabilize the shot or even cut it up into manageable pieces. I get stuck with this kind of thing often and usually, the clone tool in AE is the solution. The problem with the clone tool is that it is not intuitive, does not behave like most new users think it should and requires some practice to use efficiently. If this unwanted glare appears randomly in the shot then I would cut up the shot into clips that only include the frames that you need to fix. That is usually a lot more efficient than trying to do everything in one shot. Once you have all of the problem frames fixed it is a pretty easy matter to put the clip back together again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for your answer Rick! I did not think of the clone tool! It seems to work if I apply it frame by frame. With patience, I should be able to correct the problem through the selected clips.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines