Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ENTRY POINT NOT FOUND - Missing .dll files

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I was recently having issues with my PC where Adobe After Effects would continually show white screen, then freeze, then work for a minute and then show white screen again...

I decided I would wipe my PC, reinstall Windows 10 and all the drivers I need and it would rectify the issue. Unfortunately I am faced with a nother problem. After installing  Adobe After Effects and Premiere I go to use them and I get a warning telling me the ENTRY POINT NOT FOUND, that the DusplaySurface.dll is missing.

The warning says:

The procedure entry point GetSystemDpiForProcess could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2022\DisplaySurface.dll

Adobe Premiere Pro_Displaysurface.PNG

The annoying thing is that it is there...? (see attachement).

Adobe Premiere Pro_Displaysurface_File location.PNG

I'm trying to get a project finished and I can't complete it thanks to this so any help would be gratefull appreciated.

James

TOPICS
Crash , Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a mundane graphics driver issue and caused by another DLL missing or a version conflict in those. Typically it boils down to having to install the MSVC runtimes directly from Microsoft, including legacy versions and the same holds true for .NET runtimes. Conversely, it may simply be necessary to install some legacy NVidia components for CUDA/ OpenCL. This is all stuff that would not be installed automatically with the newest drivers, because it's deprecated. You can find out which parts are actually missing by running Sysinternals/ Microsoft Process Explorer and see which load operations fail, but just blindly installing the stuff I mentioned usually fixes things even if another install of Adobe programs may be necessary somewhere inbetween.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium

I've looked into those driver updates and checked the Microsoft Process Explorer, and after doing those Premiere seems to be working fine now.

BUT After Effects now has a different problem. When I start it up it comes up with this error message:

JamesCyon_0-1667237168849.png

I've looked into solutions on Adobe Community Support and one suggested that I delete the preferences (holding down CTRL + SHIFT + ALT when starting the app) but again it didn't solve anything.

Any ideas? I've been trying to solve this problem for almost two days meaning one of my team is down.

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check your firewall and Windows Security (or your third-party security suite if used)  for blocking folders and scripts. Consider reinstalling AE, with elevated privileges (admin) if necessary.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines