• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error <plugin>.aex could not start and is not a valid win32

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on creating a After Effects plugin. I have the SDK and have only changed the name of the skeleton plugin at this point and tried to run it and it's already giving me errors. 

Some details:
- I have environmental variable setup for the AE_PLUGIN_DIR

- When I build and run the plugin, I have VS open AE.

- I'm working from the DIR of the SDK

- All applications are updated to the most recent versions and I'm running Win10 Pro

Alright so last night I was only getting one error. That error was AE saying it could not install the plugin after I built and ran it from VS. AE would start, say it couldn't install the plugin and that it needed to be reinstalled and that's that. It also prompt breaks in VS and I was having trouble with and cinema.dll but i didn't get screenshots of that. 

This morning I boot everything up and try again and now I'm getting new errors. Specifically the one attached (VSERR) that says the plugin can't start and that it's not a valid win32 file. This is new. AE also still says it can't install the plugin. 

Attach is my media core file, my DIR's for the plugin and the the VS error

TOPICS
Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: 

I've concluded that the main error is only referring to opening After Effects after building. Opening AE manually works and the plugins are installed. I'll redefine the path to make sure it's opening the correct AE.

If there's anyone who could chime in on updating the skeleton files that would be great. Is there a specific method to renaming them? This is what's causing my initial plugin to not be installed. The solution is getting files mixed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines