Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Essential Graphics - Elements suddenly missing

Participant ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered a weird glitch I had from time to time in the last few AE versions:

(Current Version 18.1.0 on Windows 10 - 19041.928)

I'm bulding quite massive EG Panels for my company as aet templates, so far so good. But sometimes, when I load up a saved aep project again, some elements are missing completely from the panel. They are still there in the comp, but not in EG. I also can't create groups any more (comments work), and sometimes - but not every time - when I drag a single object or group in another group the missing elements reapear one by one again...

And right click/show in EG Panel does not work at all with those elements.

Anybode else encountered this behaviour?

TOPICS
Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have occasionally encountered properties disappearing from the EGP. Closing and re-opening the EGP helps - sometimes. At other times, it requires restarting AE to get the props back in place, in the EGP. This issue only happens with highly populated EGPs. I can't be certain but this issue may occur when AE gets confused if you have more than one composition opened and they have identical names. HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Solutions
Development | Consulting | Training

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"highly populated EGPs." - you name it 😉 Just an excerpt, more with scrolling...

" if you have more than one composition opened and they have identical names." should not be a problem, thats something I can preclude with 100% certainty as my templates also use extend script panels that would not like duplicates either 😉

Screenshot 2021-04-30 113830.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines