• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every time I CTRL+X to cut, I get an error.

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I hit CTRL+X to cut, an error happens. This is what the error says (in a Windows 10 interface error window):

After Effects has encountered an error.

After I hit OK, I get an After Effects interface error window:

After Effects can't continue: An input contract violation has occurred!

I am running After Effects CC 2017 on a Windows 10 PC. This is the first time I've encountered this error. I've restarted my machine and it's still happening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to tell. Start by checking your drivers and security tools. They may simply block or corrup memory areas used for the clipboard functions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. How do I check drivers and security tools? Where would I search and what would I be looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What is the size of the original source you want to copy? Is it a pretty big? You do not mention how many RAMs are stored in your PC. If your memory is small, After Effects Purge may help you. Please read the section of Purging memory (RAM) .

Memory and storage in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've purged and it still is happening. But I did notice that when I am just copying a solid, nothing happens. But when I am copying a precomp with lots of effects and layers and Illustrator layers, that's when it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, a wild guess: In Photoshop, if you drag and drop, you use Photoshop's claimed memory, while if you use the system shortcuts, it will you the system's memory. Is it also the case in AE? could you try to drag and drop from on layer to the other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is anything more mentioned after the path of \mediafoundation\api? I guess there are some more description after api? The linked files in the precomp are located all in your local PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi TorresF,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines