• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expression language problem - can I save installation file to change language without downloading everytime?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I really need help solving my expression issues. I changed to English locale to be able to use an AE file I bought - which didn't work in the German locale. But now the standard AE expression like FADE iN + OUT FRAMES in German doesn't work in the english locale. Seriously?

So now I have files with english expressions that don't work in German, and german expressions (made by AE itself!) that don't work in english.

I'll be working abroad next week with just a small internet connection. So I won't be able to fix my problem by re-installing AE in the language needed. Is there a way to keep an offline installation file of german and english AE? Checking the AE license wouldn't be a problem but donwloading the whole installation maybe several times, would.

Can anyone help me please? I Really cannot believe that default expressions could still be such a big problem   Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Create an empty txt file with this name: ae_force_english.txt and copy this file into your Users' Document Folder. This way you can avoid reinstallation of software for changing the languge. This method works for Win & Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

That sounds odd. I guess the expression works on both as far as the script is written in English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TokyoHowl, that's exactly the problem. AE writes the Fade in + out in GERMAN in the German locale. Which doesn't make sense.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create an empty txt file with this name: ae_force_english.txt and copy this file into your Users' Document Folder. This way you can avoid reinstallation of software for changing the languge. This method works for Win & Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds interesting, I just don't know what exactly you mean. Shoud I install the German version and then put the file in the directory? Which one exactly? Sorry I'm quite new to the CC...   Thanks for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Install de German Version and copy the txt file in your users' documents directory once you need to use AE in english.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Windows users usually do it. You open an text editor. You do not type in anything. You just save it as a new file in your document folder and name it "ae_force_english.txt".

If you are a Mac user, you open System Preferences > Language & Region and choose English to the top at Preferred language to change your system into English menu.

It helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for explaining in detail. This really helps a lot to quickly switch if it's just about expressions.... !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could help you a lot:

TranslateExpressions - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

Cheers,

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines